Thursday, May 6, 2010

24 Weeks

We had our 24 week appointment today and everything looks great! This is such a gift from God because, as you may not know, from the time I was about 8 weeks pregnant onward I have had severe sickness and had to get several IVs at the doctor's office and the hospital due to dehydration. In the last 2-3 weeks I have finally started feeling better and been able to do more things. But most of all we are praising God that baby Emma had a strong heartbeat and seems to be a healthy baby!!!

This month has been great because we found out we were having a girl and were able to see her with an ultrasound, Aaron and I have both been able to feel her kicks, and we are finally starting to clear out the office/spare room and turn it into a nursery!!
Since I don't have any cute belly pictures to post, I thought I would post some pictures of what we have planned for the nursery

Since we can't paint we're considering getting some removable wall decals such as these dots and putting them around the room or possibly a tree.


This is a picture from www.kellyskornerblog.com. I love reading her blog and this painting is in her little girl's nursery and I absolutely love it. I have asked my friend Caroline to help me paint something similar to this, so I will post a picture when that project is done.

This is the bedding we have registered for at Target. It was affordable and really cute, plus tulips are my favorite flower - so hopefully Emma will love them too.

And finally, this is most likely the crib we will have. My aunt Jane has graciously offered to provide for us a crib, a changing table, and a mattress and we are O-So-Thankful! This has been our favorite crib and we hope to order it soon!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Baby Emma's nursery looks like it's going to be beautiful! I rember doing all that-we turned our guest/random storage/sewing room into Evan's and it was a craigslist-palooza!

God is so good to us, congratulations on your newest blessing! Chris and I have learned and grown so much over the past 10 months and are so thankful for our little guy-and moreover for a God who supplies all of our needs.

Let me know if you have any questions about all things babywise, I'd love to exchange stories!