Friday, May 14, 2010

Show Us Your Life - Favorite Children's Books

Over at Kelly's Korner, she often does a Show Us Your Life post about different things that people can include their blogs in and I thought I would participate this time. This Show Us Your Life post is about your favorite books, or children's books. Since we are currently preparing for our first child and my husband is very passionate about starting Emma off with a great library, I thought I would include some children's books that we have bought or would like to get for her.

The Jesus Storybook Bible is one of the best children's Bibles out there for younger children. We have already started reading this book to Emma at night and love the way each story points to Jesus. I would highly recommend this book.

The Big Picture Story Bible is another great children's Bible that we are still hoping to get. This one also does a great job of showing how unified the Old and New Testament in pointing to Christ and the Gospel.
We already have Big Truths for Little Kids as well. This is basically a book of catechisms for children that uses short stories to teach them biblical truths.
R.C Sproul writes some great children's books and we are hoping to get some of these for Emma's little library soon.
And of course, I had to include one of my favorite books from childhood, Anne of Green Gables. I can't wait until Emma is old enough for us to read through these books together.


These are just a few of the many books we have or would like to get for Emma. We are looking forward to reading a lot of books with her and hope that she loves reading as much as we do (especially Aaron)!

1 comment:

Sarah @ A day in the life said...

We have the Jesus Storybook Bible, too! It was a gift, and my little guy loves to look at the pictures!