Friday, July 2, 2010

32 Weeks!


Today I had my 32 week appointment and everything is going well. What a blessing these last two months have been without sickness and with good reports from from my appointments.

According to babycenter.com: Emma probably "weighs as much as a large jicama -- about 3 3/4 pounds. (Length: about 16 3/4 inches, head to heel.) You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth."

The big news (at least news to me) is that Emma will be arriving on or before her due date. My sister-in-law is being induced early because she has gestational diabetes and since I have it too I thought I would check with the doctor to see if they typically induce women with GD early. Well, sure enough, they will not allow me to go over my due date so this means baby Emma will be here in 7.5 weeks or less - WOW! It really hit me today how soon that is and I am getting more and more nervous and excited. Please continue to pray for Emma, Aaron, and myself as we are getting ready not only for labor and delivery, but also for the adjustment that is going to come with having a baby.

This week our church has been having Vacation Bible School. I have been able to help out with snacks and nursery and Aaron has been helping teach the 4th, 5th, and 6th graders. It has been wonderful to see so many children coming and I am so grateful that our teachers have been faithful to teach them the gospel. We have been meeting outside at the new location in downtown Wake Forest (hopefully we will start having our regular meetings there at the end of August when all of the construction is finished), and we have had lots of kids from the community coming out too. Tonight is the last night and we will having a block party for all of the kids and their parents. As Aaron has said, hopefully this week has been a small taste or what God has in store for our church when we move to Wake Forest!

Next week Aaron is taking our youth to Creed Camp! This is the first year I won't be able to go so I am a little sad about that, but we have some awesome chaperons coming along and I know that the kids will have a great week with them. Please pray for the churches as they are traveling back and forth this week, for the chaperons as they look for opportunities to share the gospel, for the youth as they will be hearing the gospel, and that God would be glorified through what takes place this next week. Aaron will be preaching to the students on Tuesday night too, so please pray for that as well!

Oh, and please pray that Emma will not try to make an early appearance while Daddy is out of town! :o)

No comments: