Thursday, December 13, 2012

38 weeks

How Far Along: 38 Weeks
Size of baby: 19 1/2 inches long and weighs about 6.8 lbs. Molly Kate is the length of a leek!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained another 2 pounds - sheesh!
Maternity Clothes: Yes-all maternity clothes
Gender: Girl!
Movement: She is still moving around pretty well - getting those kick counts in everyday.
Sleep: I am sleeping ok. Just the typical end of pregnancy sleep that gets you ready for a newborn. :)
Symptoms: I am having really bad back pain, occasional nausea, uncomfortableness, and I am constantly going to the bathroom!
What I miss: Just sleeping on my stomach, bending over, and giving Emma baths easily. 
Cravings: Thankfully Aaron gave in and took me to Five Guys for my craving this past week!  He is so good to me!  Tonight we are going for what will be our 3rd annual dinner to the Angus Barn!  Woohoo!  There is a sweet man in our church that takes the staff and some other people for dinner every year and it is amazing!  So glad I can go before Molly arrives!
Best Moment this week: Being able to say that she will be here THIS WEEK!
What I am looking forward to: Meeting our daughter this week!  It looks like she will be scheduled to arrive on Wednesday (as long as she doesn't come before then)!  I had my last OB appointment yesterday and everything looks good.

I am super nervous about the upcoming week.  Worrying about whether she will be healthy and get to come home with us, wondering how Emma will do with the transition, and stressing over having the girls by myself as soon as Christmas....
But, I am choosing focus on thanking God for his incredible blessings to us in these girls, and trusting that He is faithful and will sustain us no matter what happens in the next week.  We have an incredible support of family and friends that we know will be here for us too!  God has blessed us so richly through our pregnancy with Molly Kate, and we are so thankful that He has allowed her to continue to grow in my womb for this long!  Please continue to pray for all of us this week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So excited for you guys!!! I'll be praying peace for you this next week, for a safe delivery, quick recovery and happy pre-Christmas homecoming.:-)

Don't worry, all the details will fall just where the Lord would have them-perfectly perfect for the good of your family!