Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Life Lately...

Baby/pregnancy news: Lately things here in the Swain household have been getting better little by little. I am 22 weeks along with baby girl "M" (We have a name picked out and will announce it soon), and every week I seem to be feeling a little better. The sickness that I seem to have so severely with my pregnancies has slowed down and almost to a halt, and yesterday I was able to have my PICC line removed from my arm. With a PICC line I was receiving additional calories/fluids, etc. every night, so now I have to be extra diligent in getting plenty of fluids and calories in everyday. Even though I seem to have tough pregnancies (my doctor said that one of my pregnancies equates to four or more normal pregnancies, haha) it is so worth it for my baby girls and I would go through it again in a heartbeat. We have continued to have friends help in keeping Emma during the day and I cannot even explain how grateful I am to these women for loving and taking care of our girl when I haven't been able to do so. I am hoping that it will only be one more week or so until I am able to do all of the things I haven't been able to do for so long. Emma news: We will soon (as soon as I can move quick enough) begin potty training with Emma, and then switching her into a "big-girl bed." I'm a little nervous about this since she is my first, but she has been showing signs of readiness for months. Thanks to her Auntie Jane, both Emma and baby girl, have new matching bedding which means that I get to redecorate their room! Emma will also start back at Mother's Day Out at the beginning of September, and we will get to go to her "Meet the teacher" Open House tomorrow night. Emma only attends one morning a week, but she loves it and still talks about her teachers from last year, so I know she is excited about going back and making new friends.

No comments: