Saturday, August 25, 2012

New room

Since we will probably be living in our 2 bedroom apartment until Aaron finishes seminary we will have the girls share a room. Of course this won't be happening until several months after baby M is born and is sleeping through the night. Their room is not very large and we will have to get pretty creative with our space, but I think once it comes together it will be a cute and girly little space of their own. Here is a picture of the bedding that we recently received (thanks Auntie Jane)!
These are from the Land Of Nod Website btw. And here is a picture of Emma's big girl bed that has been ordered and will be delivered in the next week or so:
I am planning on consigning or giving away Emma's old crib set along with the curtains, blankets, etc. I have that match. The only things I am going to have to replace will be the curtains and most of the hot pink accents in the room, and they will be replaced with either the light pink or lime green in the bedding. I am really excited about re-doing their room and making it a special place for both of them, I just hope I will have enough time to get it done. It is true what I have heard - it seems that with your first child you plan every detail of everything and have it ready months in advance, but with the second one you are much more flexible and may not have everything just right before baby comes along. That might be because I am more flexible and less worrisome this time, or it might be due to the extreme sickness that I am just getting over, haha. Either way, I still want to take the time to do and make special things for this little one just like I did for Emma. I will try and take some pictures as the room comes together and post them!

No comments: