Monday, September 17, 2012

26 weeks and a name!

This Wednesday will be the beginning of week 26 of this pregnancy with baby girl, and we are getting more excited as we count down the weeks to go.  I had to take my glucose test (yuck!) at my appointment last week, so I am waiting to hear back from that.  I had gestational diabetes last time, so it is fairly likely that I will have it again, but I am still hoping for the best :)

We will have an ultrasound in just under 2 weeks, so we would appreciate prayers for a healthy and growing little one.  I wasn't much further along in my pregnancy with Emma when they started noticing that she wasn't growing like she should, and realized a little later on that the placenta was deteriorating for some unknown reason, hence Emma's early arrival. 

Speaking of our firstborn, Emma has completely transitioned to her big-girl bed and has continued to do great, other than a few nights of bad dreams.  She has gone to MDO on Wednesday mornings for the past 2 weeks and she really loves it!  She loves to play with other kids, and I am so thankful for those 3 hours once a week to be able to run errands or do things around the house.  I used my time this last week to get some things together to sale at an upcoming kid's consignment sale this weekend.  I will need to get Emma some staples for the winter months since her 24 month/2T wardrobe is almost non-existent, so I am hoping to make a little money in return for spending it.

We had a great weekend, and really enjoyed getting to see a lot of our family.  My mom, aunt, and grandpa came down on Saturday and spoiled us with shopping, dinner, and ice cream!  They had to leave Sunday morning, so it was a short trip, but we had a good time together!  Then today, Aaron's dad, Nellie, and grandma came up to visit.  We were able to hang out and enjoy lunch together, plus they brought Aaron one of his favorites - boiled peanuts!  Emma always has so much fun with both of our families and hates for them to leave.  I can't wait until both girls can play with them together!


Speaking of our other girl, we have chosen a name:
Molly Kate

We will probably call her both Molly and Molly Kate sometimes.  We both love the name and Emma has been calling her by her name for months now, so we thought we should announce it since most people know anyway.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sarah-first, sooo happy to hear your doing well! Glad to hear Emma transitioned well to the big girl bed, she looks like she's going to be a great big sister. And, I LOVE the name you guys picked out, it's adorable! :-) Enjoyed the Swain family update!