Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Yes, please!


Shortly after yesterday's post I received a call from a nurse at my OB's office concerning insurance authorization for a prescription (I would love to talk about the frustrations of going back and forth between the pharmacy, OB, and insurance every few days, but I'm sure that would be the most boring post ever and I am trying to be thankful instead) and at the end of our phone call I asked her if she knew when I should be hearing from them about the results of my glucose test.  Of course, at this point, I was almost 100% positive that I had failed since I had gestational diabetes during my pregnancy with Emma.  She said she actually had my bloodwork results in front of her and I did NOT have gd!  I couldn't believe it, and I would be lying if I said that I didn't get a little teary-eyed, haha!  I asked her 2 or 3 times to double check because I was just not expecting that result at all.  It wasn't horrible during my pregnancy with Emma to regulate gd because I could just do it through my diet and did not require insulin.  But, it was difficult to avoid sugars and pricking my finger throughout the day got old really quickly.  More importantly, women that have gd tend to be at higher risk for developing diabetes later on in their lives, so not having it this time makes me a little less worried about that.

With all that said, I am looking forward to being able to enjoy some of my favorite fall treats (ie: pumpkin anything) during the last few months of this pregnancy.  The picture above is from my pinterest recipes board and looks delicious!

I would also just like to say that I love my doctor's office and all of the nurses and doctors that I have seen through all of my pregnancies (and I have seen them more than the average patient, haha), they are great and I would recommend Kamm-Mckenzie OBGYN to anyone looking.  Thanks for your continued prayers!

No comments: