Wednesday, October 17, 2012

30 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 30 Weeks!  I can't believe we are in the 30's now.  I feel like we are in the home stretch and I am starting to get in nesting mode (thankful for little spurts of energy to start to do some of these things)!
Size of baby: 15.7 inches long and weighs almost 3 lbs. Molly is the size of a head of cabbage!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained even more at the doctor last week - still within the recommended weight gain limits, but I don't know how I will go 9 more weeks without putting on too much, haha!  Here's hoping that nursing will help me lose the weight quickly like it did with Emma :)
Maternity Clothes: Yes, all maternity except for the occasional t-shirt and exercise pants.  FYI, it is much nicer to be at your largest when the weather is cooling down!
Gender: Girl!
Movement: Yes, she is moving all the time! Especially if I have any caffeine at night (hey now, a little is allowed).  She has also started moving a lot around my hips and ribs, which is a little uncomfortable, but I love to feel the movement.
Sleep: Some nights it is great, and other nights I can't seem to sleep at all and have to use the bathroom several times.  Trying to enjoy it while I can!
Symptoms: Still some occasional nausea if I wait too long to eat, aching back, tiredness, and some swelling - all of these are pretty manageable though.
What I miss: Maybe sleeping on my stomach and having more energy.
Cravings: I've been craving my friend Caroline's pimento cheese sandwiches, haha!  I even got the recipe from her so I can make them - maybe this weekend :)
Best Moment this week: Taking Emma to Hill Ridge Farms on Friday and getting a good report from my appointment that morning.  So far my belly is measuring great, and we are so thankful!
What I am looking forward to: We are going to the NC State Fair tomorrow - I can't wait for Emma to really enjoy everything this year, and, of course, the food!  We will have another ultrasound next Friday to check on Molly Kate and see if she is continuing to grow well, please continue to pray for our littlest girl!

No comments: