With fall and winter approaching, not to mention a newborn on the way, I love to start breaking out my slow cooker/crock-pot this time of year and find new recipes that make a few of our dinner times a little easier. Last year I linked up to Crockpotalooza at Kelly's Korner and shared some of my favorite crock-pot recipes - you can find the link here for my recipes for crock-pot Chicken BBQ and Chicken Nacho Dip - so yummy!
Here are two other meals I make in the crock-pot:
1. Salsa Chicken
It seems like a lot of people have their own version of this, but this is so simple and so easy to make a large batch to use for taco salad, quesadillas, fajitas, etc.
Ingredients:
3-4 Chicken breasts
Your favorite salsa
1 pkt taco seasoning
1. Place chicken in the crockpot
2. Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken
3. Cover chicken with salsa
4. Cook on low around 6 hours - I usually shred the chicken with an hour left to cook
2. Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
I originally found the recipe at allrecipes. It works great when making mashed potatoes for a crowd and tastes really yummy!
Ingredients:
1. 5 lbs red potatoes, cut in chunks
2. 1 Tbs. garlic, minced (If you cook with fresh garlic much, you have to get a garlic press - makes it so much easier!)
3. 3 chicken boullion cubes
4. sour cream (8 oz)
5. 1 pkg cream cheese (8 oz) softened
6. 1/2 cup butter
7. salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot of lightly salted
boiling water, cook the potatoes, garlic, and bouillon until potatoes
are tender but firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, reserving water. In a
bowl, mash potatoes with sour cream and cream cheese, adding reserved
water as needed to attain desired consistency.
2. Transfer the potato mixture to a
slow cooker, cover, and cook on Low for 2 to 3 hours. Just before
serving, stir in butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Be sure to check out Kelly's Korner to find lots of other slow cooker recipes!
Grace & Stella Lip Gloss Butter only $8.95 shipped!
11 hours ago
3 comments:
Salsa chicken is one of my favorites! So quick and easy!! I tried your link for last years recipes, but it won't work! i would LOVE your recipe for chicken nacho dip. Would you email it to me? kvick3@harding.edu
I sent you an email and I, hopefully, fixed the link. Thanks for letting me know!
I love the salsa chicken, this is such a good and easy recipe!
Post a Comment