Wednesday, October 3, 2012

28 weeks

Lots of things going on recently, but I will start with my week 28 update:

How Far Along: 28 Weeks
Size of baby: 14.8 inches long and weighs 2.25 lbs. Molly Kate is the size of a head cabbage!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Definitely gaining, I think I'm 10 pounds up from pre-pregnancy weight, but considering the earlier weight loss I think I have still gained plenty, haha.
Maternity Clothes: All maternity, except t-shirts and pajama pants
Gender: Girl!
Movement: Yes! She is moving a lot. We can see the movement without touching my belly now so that is fun.
Sleep: I have not been sleeping very well.  Two nights this week I just couldn't sleep at all and would lay in bed wide-awake for hours.  It makes for exhausting days.  I'm also now getting up between 1-4 times a night to use the bathroom - lovely :) 
Symptoms: I had a night this week that I felt very sick, but my amazing husband let me lay down and took over Emma's nighttime routine for me.  I also have noticed more swelling in my feet this week.
What I miss: Iced coffee drinks and sleeping for more than 2 hours without getting up - but it is totally worth it :)
Cravings: Chick-fila breakfast and last night I had a strong craving for a Toblerone, haha.
Best Moment this week: Our ultrasound!
What I am looking forward to: My mom is coming this weekend, and we also have a youth lock-in and a baby shower.

This week was great!  I was nervous about my ultrasound on Friday, but everything looks good.  They weren't looking at her organs, etc., but they did measure her and she is growing just as she should be and the placenta still looks good - Praise the Lord!  We will have another ultrasound in 4 weeks, so please pray that Molly would continue to grow well and there would not be problems with the placenta this time.  

Poor Emma has had a tough last two weeks with sickness coming and going.  We started potty training, and day one went great but on day two she had an upset tummy so we decided to put it off for two more weeks.  We are doing the three-day potty training method, and I think it will work well for Em, but she just needs to be well and I need to have everything I need at home so we won't have to go out.
This morning she woke up and she felt hot all over.  We got her some medicine and a freeze pop, and she said "I feel very much better," haha!  We will see how the day goes, but hopefully we won't have to go to the doctor later.  So, she will be missing her MDO for the second week in a row (she really misses playing with her friends there) and church tonight - but we will be having lots of snuggle time on the couch reading books, watching movies, etc. until she feels like herself again.

This weekend we are having a youth lock-in at church.  I have not been at a lock-in since I was in youth group (haha) and I have not stayed up all night since college, so I am pretty sure I will pass out sometime around midnight - we'll see!  It should be fun though!  My mom is coming down and will be keeping Emma for us - thanks Mom!  Grammy is pretty much one of Emma's most favorite people, so I know she will have a blast this weekend too!

No comments: